Due to the outbreak of Covid19, the Colgan Heritage Weekend will not take place this year. We look forward to returning in 2021.
In the meantime, here are some websites relating to Inishowen history that you might find interesting:
- www.carndonaghheritage.com – a visual history of Carndonagh, curated by Maura Harkin.
- www.historyofdonegal.com – a local history blog by historian Seán Beattie
- West Inishowen History – Facebook Page for the West Inishowen History Society
- www.clonmanygenealogy.com – Clonmany Genealogy website
- inishowenmusic.ie – the Inishowen Traditional Music Project website, which includes archive recordings
- itma.ie – the Irish Traditional Music website, with a section on the Inishowen Song Project
- www.donegalhistory.com – the Donegal Historical Society website
- nli.com – National Library of Ireland website, with lots of archive images and documents relating to Inishowen
- duchas.ie – the Dúchas.ie website, an online archive of folklore, including stories from Carndonagh.