Due to the outbreak of Covid19, the Colgan Heritage Weekend did not take place in the summer of 2020, but we’re already looking forward to the 2021 edition!
We have added two videos from past Heritage weekends for your viewing pleasure. These will permanently remain in our new Videos section, or you can click on the links below to view them.
If you would like to learn more about Carndongh heritage and history, here are some websites that you might find interesting:
- www.carndonaghheritage.com – an online history of Carndonagh, curated by Maura Harkin.
- www.historyofdonegal.com – a local history blog by historian Seán Beattie
- West Inishowen History – Facebook Page for the West Inishowen History Society
- www.clonmanygenealogy.com – Clonmany Genealogy website
- inishowenmusic.ie – the Inishowen Traditional Music Project website, which includes archive recordings
- itma.ie – the Irish Traditional Music website, with a section on the Inishowen Song Project
- www.donegalhistory.com – the Donegal Historical Society website
- nli.com – National Library of Ireland website, with lots of archive images and documents relating to Inishowen
- duchas.ie – the Dúchas.ie website, an online archive of folklore, including stories from Carndonagh.